Arburg will be demonstrating an all-electric plastics injection moulder producing thin-walled cups at a rate of one cup/2.2s at a Slovakian exhibition.
Arburg will be demonstrating its electric Allrounder 420 A plastics injection moulding machine at Slovakia’s 2008 International Engineering Exhibition in Nitra, May 20-23 The Allrounder 420 A will demonstrate high speed, thin-wall moulding, producing and stacking two cups in a 2.2s cycle time on stand 34 in Hall M4.
Arburg’s ‘Energy Efficiency Allround’ initiative is to efficiently minimise energy consumption among its customers.
So, it is fitting that Arburg’s exhibit at the 2008 International Engineering Exhibition in Nitra is an electric Talking about the Allrounder 420 A, which has been awarded Arburg’s Energy Efficiency label, the manager of the Arburg subsidiary in the Czech Republic, Jaroslav Novak, said: "By presenting the high-speed Allrounder 420 A, we will be able to demonstrate the performance and potential of our electric Arburg machines to trade visitors in Nitra in a most impressive way.
The International Engineering Exhibition in Nitra has always been an important event.
For the Czech Arburg subsidiary and the Slovakian office, it is without doubt one of the market highlights of 2008".
* Allrounder 420 A 1000-400 exhibit – the high-speed Allrounder 420 A 1000-400 features a distance between tie bars of 420mm, a clamping force of 1,000kN and a size 400 injection unit.
Equipped with a two-cavity mould, it produces polypropylene cups.
The shot weight for both cups is 16.8g.
In addition to a pneumatically-operated needle shut-off nozzle for sprue-free injection, the machine also features an electro-mechanical ejector for rapid demoulding.
Arburg said that with this equipment, the Allrounder A is ideally suited to high-precision but also rapid and reproducible production cycles with thin-walled parts.
The high output levels also have the advantage of reducing unit costs, resulting in a short, economically advantageous payback period for the initial investment.
* High economy of the Allrounder A – cost efficiency is exampled by the main axes, with servo-electric drive as standard, enabling simultaneous movements, thus facilitating short cycle times.
The auxiliary axes can be driven electrically or hydraulically, depending on the customer’s requirements.
Further advantages of these electric machines is as follows.
* Low energy consumption – depending on the application can be up to 40% lower than that of a comparable hydraulic machine.
* High reproducibility and part quality – guaranteed by the excellent positioning accuracy of the electric movement axes, which also contribute to the reduced noise emission level.
* The accuracy of the axis movements – allows rapid and precise entry into the mould, thus optimising cycle times – a factor that plays a particularly important role in the case of complex production cells.
* Control system – the Selogica ‘direct’ control system with touchscreen is also available as an alternative at no extra charge.
* Widening the range of applications – further new elements of the Alldrive range are the more generous installation dimensions, which allow the use of larger and more complex moulds on the electric Allrounder A.
The automatically self-adapting clamping force control ensures higher part quality.
The safety guard, open at the top and enlarged at the rear of the machine, provides more space not only for cooling and electrical connections to the mould, but also for more convenient mould changing.
With the new, small size 70 injection unit, Alldrive machines are now ideally suited to the production of small and micro-components, said Arburg.
* About Arburg – Arburg, a German machine construction company, is one of the leading global manufacturers of injection moulding machines for plastics processing with clamping forces between 125kN and 5,000kN.
Fields of application include the production of plastic parts for motor vehicles, communications and consumer electronics, medical technology, domestic appliances and packaging.
The product range is completed by robotic systems, complex projects and other peripherals.
Arburg’s operations are coordinated by an integrated management system and are DIN EN ISO 9001 and 14001 certified.
Arburg is represented by its own organisations in 23 countries at 31 locations and by trading partners in more than 50 countries.
However, production takes place exclusively in the parent factory in Lossburg (Germany) – with the quality characteristic ‘made by Arburg – made in Germany’.
From a total of more than 2,000 Arburg employees, around 1,700 work in Germany.
Around 330 further employees work at the 23 subsidiaries and representative offices.
Link to this article：Electric injection moulder produces 2 cups in 2.2s
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Mold Wiki，Thanks