Analysis of the cause of the explosion of the metal Stamping Die:
1. The blanking is not smooth
There is no demagnetization treatment before the metal stamping production, no return pin; there are broken needles and springs and other jams in the production; no leakage, or rolling, blocking, and stepping when assembling the mold. This is the most common point. If the assembly master does not Note that this situation is most likely to occur when there are many blanking holes, or when the mold has cushions.
2. Design process
The mold strength is not enough, the knife edge spacing is too close, the mold structure is unreasonable, the number of template blocks is not enough, there is no backing board.
3. Heat treatment: deformation caused by improper quenching and tempering process
Theory proves that the thermal processing quality of the mold has a great influence on the performance and service life of the mold. From the analysis and statistics of the causes of mold failure, it can be seen that “accidents” of mold failure caused by improper heat treatment account for more than 40%.
5. Improper disposal of wire cutting
The ground wire is cut and the gap of the wire cut is not handled properly, and there is no effect on the transformation layer of the angle and the wire cut. The cutting edge of the die is mostly processed by wire cutting. Due to the thermal effect and electrolysis of the wire cutting process, a certain thickness of the metamorphic layer is formed on the surface of the mold processing, which reduces the surface hardness and shows microcracks, etc., which makes the wire cutting die prone to early wear and directly affects the blanking gap of the mold. Sticking and cutting edges are prone to chipping, shortening the service life of the mold. Therefore, in the on-line cutting process, reasonable electrical standards should be selected to minimize the depth of the metamorphic layer.
In view of the title and lack of cutting edge super-hard stamping parts processing and fitter training, and separating the characteristics of our factory equipment and the practical situation of production, we have improved the cutting edge processing from the technological aspect, that is, the super hard processing after the cutting edge is quenched. , The trimming gap is completely controlled by CNC machining, which compensates for the fluctuation of the clamp engineering degree and stamina, reduces the interference of human elements, and significantly improves the processing efficiency and quality of the trimming edge. Indeed, many hardware terminal stamping die manufacturers have already started discussions in this area. The key to this technology is the layout of the process flow and the selection of various parameters. Hopefully, they can be discussed together. Our detailed standards are as follows:
- 1. Process layout. After the cutting edge is quenched, the super-hard machining process is arranged after the surface finishing and semi-finishing of the cutting edge are completed, then the quenching treatment is stopped, and then the super-hard machining of the cutting edge is stopped by the CNC machine tool.
- 2. Cutting edge hardness. The hardness of the cutting edge after quenching is about HRC55～65.
- 3. Cutting edge width. The width of the cutting edge of the upper mold should not be greater than 25mm, the width of the outer cutting edge of the lower mold should not be greater than 20mm, and the width of the inner cutting edge of the lower mold should not be greater than 15mm. If the width of the cutting edge exceeds this value, the backing should be milled before quenching.
- 4. Mouth margin. The reserved machining allowance after semi-finishing of the cutting edge is 0.2～0.3mm (the amount of deformation of quenching heat treatment has been considered), that is, the processing amount of superhard machining after the cutting edge is quenched is preferably 0.1～0.3mm. Excessive machining will affect machining accuracy and aggravate tool wear. If the margin is too small, there may be a shortage of materials when the quenching deformation is large.
- 5. Machine selection. Choose a CNC machine tool with a closed-loop servo system that has good rigidity and high precision in the machine tool system.
- 6. Tool selection. The general criteria for choosing a tool is applicable, safe and economical. Under the conditions of meeting the processing requirements, the tool overhang length is as short as possible, and the tool diameter is as large as possible, which is beneficial to reduce the roughness of the processing surface and improve the rigidity, heat dissipation and tool life of the tool system. However, it should be noted that the tool radius of the final clear angle should be smaller than the minimum curvature radius of the contour. After experimental comparison, our factory chooses the tool shown in Figure 5 to stop the super-hard machining of the cutting edge.
Compared with castings and forgings, metal stamping parts have the characteristics of thinness, uniformity, lightness and strength. Stamping can produce workpieces with reinforcing ribs, ribs, undulations or flanges that are difficult to manufacture by other methods to improve their rigidity. Due to the use of fine molds, the accuracy of the workpiece can reach the micron level, and the repeat accuracy is high, the specifications are different, and holes, bosses, etc. can be punched out.
Metal stamping parts machine Stamping parts machine Cold stamping parts generally no longer undergo cutting processing, or only a small amount of cutting processing is required. The precision and appearance of hot stamping parts are lower than cold stamping parts, but still better than castings and forgings, and the amount of cutting is less.
Metal stamping parts are an efficient production method. Using compound molds, especially multi-station and feed molds, multiple stamping processes can be completed on one press, from strip uncoiling, leveling, punching to forming and finishing. Of fully automated consumption. The consumption efficiency is high, the working conditions are good, and the consumption cost is low. Generally, hundreds of pieces can be consumed per minute.
We produce quality CNC machined parts, sheet metal fabrication, metal stamping prototypes and production, wire forming parts,deep drawn enclosures and related metal parts. We are committed to provide custom-made metal stamping parts at high quality and lowest cost.Under current economy situation, most customer are persuing cost-effective items.
Link to this article：Metal stamping parts are compared with castings and forgings
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Stamping Wiki，Thanks